Monday, June 21, 2010

Blog Mission Statement

I have been urged by several people to write a blog about music and I'm finally doing it. So if you were one of those people, congratulations, you win. I'm starting this blog to inform and bring good music to people and just put my thoughts on music AND the industry out there. I'm not trying to amass as many followers as possible, I suspect most people that read this will be people I know and that's ok.

Here's what you can expect to see on my blog:

1) Music that I love and explaining why I love it and then posting it for you to listen and download.

2) My thoughts on music that is popular (not just pop music) and my breakdown of the song structure, songwriting and production aspect. What I want to be unique about this is that it will not just be my opinions on songs and music, but facts about production and how the song was made and who wrote it so that readers can have a better understanding of how the industry works and what they are listening to.

3) Insight on the inner workings and practices of the music industry. Example: Most people think music today isn't what it used to be. They are fed up with the radio and all the crap it plays. Why does radio play so much crap? How does it get there? How has it gotten to this? Well I'm here to tell you.

As a student of music, a musician, a producer and songwriter with a diverse musical background, and as a music business student, I have learned a lot and formed a lot of my own thoughts about music today. I just want to share some of that now. I hope you enjoy and learn something too!

No comments:

Post a Comment